Monday, April 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Cake

I got bored today so I made up a peanut butter cake recipe. I was actually craving chocolate, but I didn't have any in my apartment. So I came up with the next best thing. I'm really happy with how it turned out- and I hope you'll like it, too!

Ingredients
2 cups cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter
1 egg
1 cup milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tsp clear vanilla extract
a sprinkle of ground cinnamon


In one bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl, mix butter, sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract.
 Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the mixture.
Alternate between adding flour and milk to butter mixture. Mix it well.
Once mixed, pour into glass baking pan that has been sprayed lightly with Pam.
Bake at 350 degrees for around 23 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on it (my oven is broken so cooking times are estimates). Cake should be firm and top should be golden brown when its ready.



*I made peanut butter icing to put on top of the cake. I would probably suggest doing a chocolate icing instead (so it would taste like a Reese's). How I made the icing, though, was taking the original buttercream recipe and adding a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter and sugar. Definitely leave the almond extract out of the buttercream icing when making it. It gave it a weird aftertaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment