Thursday, May 5, 2011

Review: The Chicken Salad Chick Express

I ordered from The Chicken Salad Chick Express for the first time today. It's located off College Street in Auburn, AL. I have heard many good things about it. And since I'm about to graduate and leave Auburn, I figured I should go ahead and try it.

I ordered "Our Signature Sandwhich." I got it with the "Fancy Nancy" chicken salad, which includes fuji apples, seedless grapes and pecans. I got it on a croissant with lettuce and tomato, with a pickle spear on the side.

I was a little worried as I was driving home because all I could smell was the pickle. But I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it up. The croissant was close to perfection. The outer layer was a flaky, golden brown. And as would be expected, the middle was light and fluffy. The lettuce and tomato looked fresh.

The first bite was delicious... and so was every bite after that. The apples gave the chicken salad a fruity, sweet flavor. The grapes were whole, which I found surprising. But biting into them added an even more interesting element to the texture. I was happy to discover the pecans were finely chopped, so you got the flavor without seeing the bulky pecans. My only suggestion would have been to add a hint of salt, as it would have played up more of the salty/sweet contrast.

Overall, I was very impressed. Especially for it just being a drive-through! The service was great- and fast. And the food only cost $5.35 after tax. A suggestion would be to get a side item, as the meal itself was light.

For more information about The Chicken Salad Chick, check out their website at: http://www.chickensaladchick.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment